Integrate with Zapier App
Please Note: This feature is only available to customers trying out our beta Zapier app. If you are interested to join the beta, please send us a note via in-app chat from your ContentGems account.
Our Zapier app allows you to get content "in" to or "out" of your ContentGems workflows. Or to put it in terms of Zapier Apps: an "action" or a "trigger".
To get content "out" of CG and into your Zapier workflow, the mechanism we use for this is a "Sharing Destination" (Configure -> Sharing Destinations). Any content that is shared to this destination becomes available as new content as a trigger in the Zapier app. You could use this to get articles you curate from CG into any other system (think: auto-share articles to Twitter via Buffer, for example).
To get content "in" to a CG workflow, our Zapier app mimics the same functionality you would find from the "Add Article" functionality in your workflow. You can connect this with any Zapier integration that works with URLs. For example, add any URL from an RSS feed into your workflow, or; Add any URL from a google spreadsheet to your workflow.
1. Create Zaper Sharing Destination
Once you create the Zapier app sharing destination, you will be shown your API key that you'll use to connect to Zapier. You can also always find this API key under your profile. Once you connect your API Key to Zapier, you can skip this step for future Zapier integrations.
2. Connect ContentGems to Zapier
After you have successfully installed our Zapier app via your private invite link, you can create your first Zap. After choosing the ContentGems app, you will be asked to authenticate with us. You'll use the API Key from the previous step.
After you click the "Connect a New Account" button, this popup will ask you to add your API key.
3. Start Making Zaps!
Now that you've connected your account, you won't have to do this for each new Zap you create.
Stuck on Ideas for Integrations?
You could create a Zap to:
- Add articles from any RSS feed directly into your CG curation workflow.
- Save any articles Barack Obama tweets to your CG curation workflow.
- Add any tweet to an article with hashtag #Canada150 to your CG curation workflow.
- Send an e-mail to your Zapier workflow with the URL of an article you'd like added to your CG curation worklow.
- Automatically share articles to your Buffer account.
- Record a list of shared articles to a Google Spreadsheet.
- Flash the lights on and off whenever CG finds you new content to share! Crazy but you get the idea... anything's possible.